Bugzilla – Bug 101
"deleted" IMAP flag makes restored items not visible
Last modified: 2013-12-13 15:49:51 CET
Not really a Bug, but a behaviour deemed too strict.
This will be changed in ZeXtras Suite 1.8.12.
- "deleted" IMAP flag
When an item flagged with the "deleted" IMAP flag is restored, the flag itself is restored. While this is the correct behaviour, it is not paricularily easy to deal with this kind of items because of the default behaviour of the ZWC.
- The item(s) won't be visible neither in the Zimbra Web Client nor by the zmmailbox command.
- As soon as an IMAP client purges the mailbox, the item(s) will be deleted.
Steps to reproduce:
- Mark an item as "deleted" using an IMAP client or add the "deleted" flag through `zmmailbox modifyItemFlags`. From now on, the item will be only visible through an IMAP client set to show deleted items.
- Wait or force the IMAP client to purge deleted items from the mailbox.
- Run an Undelete Restore
- The item will be restored, but it won't be visible in the ZWC or through zmmailbox. The item will be only visible through an IMAP client set to show deleted items.
Resolved as of ZeXtras Suite 1.8.12
Copyright © 2016 ZeXtras, All rights reserved.
Zimbra is a trademark of Zimbra Software, LLC.
ActiveSync is a registered Trademark of Microsoft Corporation