Bug 65 - Active session list empty
Summary: Active session list empty
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: ZeXtras
Classification: Unclassified
Component: ZxMobile (show other bugs)
Version: 1.8.2
Hardware: -- Linux
: Normal normal
Assignee: ZeXtras Bugzilla Admin
QA Contact:
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-03-11 18:31 CET by NiKo
Modified: 2013-05-06 20:20 CEST (History)
4 users (show)

See Also:
Browser: ---
Zimlet Chat version: ---
Zimbra Version: ZCS 8.X


Attachments

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description NiKo 2013-03-11 18:31:10 CET
Hi,

Since 1.8.2, ZxMobile active sessions' list is always empty in both GUI and zxsuite CLI.

Best regards
Comment 1 Cine 2013-03-15 13:59:57 CET
Hello NiKo,
thank you for your report.

We couldn't reproduce the issue in our test enviroments.

Can you please confirm that the synchronization is correctly working? Are log lines being written in /opt/zimbra/log/sync.log when no entries can be seen in the "Active Sessions" list?

Thank you for your cooperation,
the ZeXtras Team
Comment 2 NiKo 2013-03-15 16:15:03 CET
Hello,

I confirm logs are correctly written into /opt/zimbra/log/sync.log, at the time I write theses lines, the log is growing.


However, when, as zimbra or as root user, I type :

zxsuite  mobile getAllSessions

I get the following result :

        devices

That's all... In 1.8.1 it was working, and I simply upgraded running "install.sh all"

Thanks
Comment 3 NiKo 2013-04-10 05:21:42 CEST
Hello,

Regarding this bug, I found the following lines in the mailbox.log each time I try to invoke getAllSessions :

2013-04-10 07:18:36,103 WARN  [ZxLink Handler Thread] [] extensions - GetAllSessions exception: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at com.zextras.mobile.papi.GetAllSessionsHandler.getAllSessions ( GetAllSessionsHandler.java:128 )
        at com.zextras.mobile.papi.GetAllSessionsHandler.handle ( GetAllSessionsHandler.java:47 )
        at com.zextras.lib.ZEPublicAPIManager.execPAPIRequest ( ZEPublicAPIManager.java:388 )
        at com.zextras.lib.ZELinkHandler.run ( ZELinkHandler.java:135 )


Hope this will help you to actively solve the bug.

Thanks
Regards
Comment 4 INNOVOT 2013-04-15 17:01:42 CEST
Can confirm seeing that same symptoms as the OP.

[zimbra@wm1 ~]$ zxsuite core getVersion

        zextras_version                                     1.8.4
        zextras_target                                      8.0.3
        zextras_commit                                      aac512529e2dd44a0bee562a5b3a8f7089aed18f
        zextras_lib_version                                 1.0.0
        zextras_lib_commit                                  a11c706905cdc59628a1d2b44988322db563d810

sync.log is not being updated though the client is receiving emails fine. Their  device is a iPhone 5.
Comment 5 NiKo 2013-05-06 18:22:09 CEST
Hello,

Problem fixed in release 1.8.5

Brgds
Comment 6 D0s0n 2013-05-06 20:20:50 CEST
Fixed, as reported by Niko, in version 1.8.5