Bug 77 - iPhone sends meeting request from "Unknown Organizer" (reported by hrodenburg on the ZeXtras Forums)
Summary: iPhone sends meeting request from "Unknown Organizer" (reported by hrodenburg...
Status: RESOLVED FIXED
Alias: None
Product: ZeXtras
Classification: Unclassified
Component: ZxMobile (show other bugs)
Version: 1.8.5
Hardware: -- Linux
: Normal normal
Assignee: ZeXtras Bugzilla Admin
QA Contact:
URL:
Depends on:
Blocks:
 
Reported: 2013-05-14 13:22 CEST by Cine
Modified: 2013-06-07 08:51 CEST (History)
1 user (show)

See Also:
Browser: ---
Zimlet Chat version: ---
Zimbra Version: 8.0.3


Attachments
mailbox error log (13.03 KB, text/plain)
2013-05-14 13:22 CEST, Cine
Details

Note You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.
Description Cine 2013-05-14 13:22:16 CEST
Created attachment 15 [details]
mailbox error log

Hi,

I've just installed the Zextras suite a few days ago to tryout zxMobile. Almost everything is working really well, except for meeting requests sent from my iPhone.
When I create an new meeting request and invite another external user (not tested with local users, but I think behaviour is the same), the message is received from "Unknown Organizer".
When I take a look at the mailbox.log file, an Java exception is logged (see below).
Also, when I take a look at the raw message, indeed the name is set to "Unknown Organizer" (also see below).

The most strangest thing however is, when I configure my account on my brand new iPad (which never has an email account configured), the meeting requests are sent from "hugo", which is kind of right, since that's me. However, why doesn't that use my full name / display name as configured in Zimbra? "hugo" is my username.
I was previously using Zpush as an activesync solution on my iPhone, but I removed that account completely and recreated an account for zxMobile (even multiple times by now).
On the same phone I have an MS Exchange account configured. When i sent an meeting request from this account, the sender is set to my display name in Exchange and works perfectly.
Any ideas what can cause these issues?

It looks like with the Zimbra account, the iPhone is sending the meeting request message, since "Apple Mail" is mentioned in the meeting message. When using the exchange account, it seems that exchange is sending this message, which seems like a better approach.

I'm using Zimbra 8.0.3 (single server) Ubuntu 10.04 and Zextras 1.8.5.
If more information is needed, please let me know!

mailbox.log:

2013-05-10 22:46:28,881 WARN [hugo@domain.tld Appl<SNIP>] [tid=190;] index - error reading text/calendar mime part
javax.activation.UnsupportedDataTypeException: no object DCH for MIME type text/calendar

2013-05-10 22:46:28,882 WARN [hugo@domain.tld Appl<snip>] [tid=190;] ParsedMessage - Unable to parse part=2 filename=meeting.ics content-type=text/calendar message-id=<2130339983.817.1368218788830.JavaMail.root@lbk-gc-mail01.domain.tld>
com.zimbra.cs.mime.MimeHandlerException: no object DCH for MIME type text/calendar

2013-05-10 22:46:28,885 WARN [hugo@domain.tld Appl<snip>] [tid=190;] ParsedMessage - Message had analysis errors in 1 parts (Message-Id: <2130339983.817.1368218788830.JavaMail.root@lbk-gc-mail01.domain.tld>, Subject: Test9)
2013-05-10 22:46:28,885 INFO [hugo@domain.tld Appl<snip>] [tid=190;] mailop - Adding Message: id=175644, Message-ID=<2130339983.817.1368218788830.JavaMail.root@lbk-gc-mail01.domain.tld>, parentId=-1, folderId=5, folderName=Sent.
2013-05-10 22:46:28,898 INFO [hugo@domain.tld Appl<snip>] [tid=190;] smtp - Sending message to MTA at localhost: Message-ID=<2130339983.817.1368218788830.JavaMail.root@lbk-gc-mail01.domain.tld>

<full error in attachment due to message size limit mailbox-error-log.txt>

meeting request contents:
BEGIN:VCALENDAR
CALSCALE:GREGORIAN
METHOD:REQUEST
PRODID:-//Apple Inc.//iPhone 3.0//EN
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:Europe/Amsterdam
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:20130331T020000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=3;BYDAY=-1SU
TZNAME:CEST
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0200
END:DAYLIGHT
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:20131027T030000
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYMONTH=10;BYDAY=-1SU
TZNAME:CET
TZOFFSETFROM:+0200
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
END:STANDARD
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
ATTENDEE;CN=Hugo Rodenburg;CUTYPE=INDIVIDUAL;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE
:mailto:hugo@external.tld
CREATED:20130512T075908Z
DTEND;TZID="Europe/Amsterdam":20130512T110000
DTSTAMP:20130512T075908Z
DTSTART;TZID="Europe/Amsterdam":20130512T100000
LAST-MODIFIED:20130512T075908Z
ORGANIZER;CN=Unknown Organizer;EMAIL=hugo@domain.tld:MAILTO:hugo@<domai n.tl
d>
SEQUENCE:0
SUMMARY:Test
TRANSP:OPAQUE
UID:B527820467CA45158BCA13F397298E5800000000000000 000000000000000000
X-MICROSOFT-CDO-INTENDEDSTATUS:BUSY
END:VEVENT
END:VCALENDAR
--Apple-Mail-B4147FB9-E580-466A-8B9E-CB1FDDAB2AB7--
Comment 1 Cine 2013-05-15 13:38:57 CEST
The devs confirm that the issue is indeed related with the lack of "personal" info. If proper information are not entered in the "My Info" section, appointments will suffer this issue.

A workaround has been pushed in the production tree and will be available in ZeXtras Suite 1.8.6+ . This workaround will override the default mobile behaviour and populate the "organizer" field when missing.
Comment 2 Hugo Rodenburg 2013-06-07 08:51:35 CEST
I can confirm that after the 1.8.6 update my issue is resolved. Thank you very much for the quick fix for this issue!